Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Make Own Instrumental - Tools Needed For Phat Beats and Instrumentals

,
MAKE RAP BEATS :

So I had thousands of dollars worth of gear in my bedroom at my parents house to let me make my own instrumentals when I was 17. My parents thought I was freakin' nuts but I was a dreamer. I dreamed that one day I would be able to lay down some beats just like Dre did and all the neighbor chicks would be going wild. My plan was to make own instrumental while my friend rapped over it.

Make Own Instrumental - Tools Needed For Phat Beats and Instrumentals

The problem was, all this gear drove me insane. None of it ever seemed to want to work together right, for the following reasons:

  1. The synths never seemed to be in time with the sampler's sequencer...
  2. The cables on the synth would crackle and any recording I tried to get sounded terrible.
  3. All of my effects had to have the knob configurations written down, so when I wanted to work on the track again, I'd have a way to recall the settings on all this hardware to get a consistent sound(although I never really could, I tried in vain..lol)
  4. I could only record one of each piece of hardware at a time...sounds obvious but once you get spoiled with software, you never want to turn back.
My goal was to make own instrumental. I only started to succeed when software became popular. Although my first computer for making beats was slow by today's standards, the whole thing was almost as powerful as my entire hardware setup, but for only a small fraction of the price!

At first it was extremely tempting to get all these loop Cd's that started to become popular. It seemed like every DJ magazine out was selling the damn things. But after getting just two of these loop Cd's, I realized how easy it would be to abuse this new technology. Everyone and their brother were making own instrumentals by copying the loops on these Cd's and rapping over them...and calling it their own creation. I wanted nothing to do with this. I wanted to create my own beats, something that I could be proud of.


Do You Ever Wish YOU Had The Ability To Make REAL Hit Music Like That?


0 comments to “Make Own Instrumental - Tools Needed For Phat Beats and Instrumentals”

Post a Comment

 

MAKE RAP BEATS ON GARAGEBAND Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger